Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Body Scrub At Home!

Today I decided to make it a craft day / do the fun things on my to do list. So after class I went to Hobby Lobby and dug in, I got so many great items, lots of glitter, a few mason jars, some other glass jars, felt, paint, rocks and glue. One of the jars I found reminded me of the fact I wanted to make an at home body scrub. So here is the one I made step by step.

The ingredients you need are:
2 cups Sugar or Salt (salt is more harsh and not good for sensitive skin)
1 cup Oil - I used grape seed oil but the choice is yours
10-15 drops of high quality essential oils
{Ingredients}

{Step 1: Add 2 cups of sugar to a small mixing bowl}

{Step 2: Add 1 cup of oil of your choice on top of sugar}
{Step 3: 10-15 Drops of essential oils} 

{Step 4: Grab a wooden spoon and stir}

{Finished product}

{Store in Jar of choice}

Storing in an air tight container is recommended, once you are ready for use open the jar stir up the scrub and begin. To use: Get in the shower, before turning the water on take a small spoonful of the scrub and work into your body in circular motion starting with your feet and working your way up. Keep in mind that sensitive areas don't need as much pressure. Once your body is covered you can start the shower and rise it away. When getting out of the shower pat your skin dry, rubbing could cause irritation. You really only need to use body scrub 1-2 times a week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment